Friday, September 19, 2008

My first day in Aberdeen

My first few days of Aberdeen din go really well.. missed home so much that very day. Cry my nights to sleep..aiii..

First, I was really dissapointed with the quality of my hostel. I'm so lazy to take any picture of the interior of my hostel..But hope my description can enlighten you of how BAD my hostel is.

Its so far from the town, as in u have to take bus to town which is really bad as the bus fair is really expensive ( 2.60 pounds for a unlimited ride on the bus or 2 pounds for one way trip!! expensive like shit)
The stupid room is so small which u can only fit 4 person lying down in the room. Small rite?? I mean 4 person lying fit fit in the room minus all the furniture.. Which means, once u put in the furniture den only 2 person can sleep in squeezely.Plus there is no common room at each floor. Instead, the core of each hall is the stupid toilet (only WC and a wash basin inside). Which means we're living like those olden chinese house, where th eir toilet is not attached in the room instead it replaces the common hall. But something I like is it has a big kitchen la..so not too bad,ntg to complain bout the kitchen..love it!! but TOTALLY HATE the stupid WC in the middle of the hall!!
See the brown brown tall "Griffindor-like-tower". Thats my hostel. So secluded hidden behind the tree. WTH..as if he's shy or something..who the hell is this stupid architect who have such stupid idea to make the stupid entrance so secluded. Though you have a good view of the river, but u have such a dangerous entrance. Wats the point then..Stupid brainless hostel..ARGGHH!!
Taking a shot right in front of my uni. The Scott Sutterland School of Architecture, RGU

3rd, Aberdeen is not really a bright and cheerful place to stay in for time being la..Not that I'm complaining or wat..though, I miss Malaysia sun so much. There's hardly any sun in Aberdeen and its COLD here which is only the starting of autumn where u stil see green green grass and beautiful flowers. Its really gloomy most of the days cos you can hardly see the sun and most of the time will be small little rains that covers the whole aberdeen.


Gloomy little Aberdeen (The Union Street which is the main street of the city, everything branches out from there. So its not so hard to sidetracked from the city. Not a bad planning, at least if ur bad at road, you wont get lost!!)
One of the famous supermarket in city which sells cheap foods..hiak hiak..ASDA, MORRISON, SAINSBURY...My fav..I'm a cheap person..

Plus with all those gothic church and architecture and renaissance houses all around you..
Marischal College..It doesnt even look like a college..More like Hogwart to me..

Another street in Aberdeen. I forgot wat street izzit call anway, cos we have so much of those!!

You might think that you had accidentally "disapparated" into Grimmauld Place or the Leaky Cauldron (If you dunno where these place are..try to ask Harry Potter..he knows all bout it!!) Who knows I might have to take the "Hogwart Express"to go uni..

Ok, I kinda sidetracked to much. Anyway, Aberdeen is really cold la..but I'm keeping myself warm here..so dun worry, not wearing any sexy stuff in Aberdeen for time being..Wrapping myself like a "bak chang" here..


Back to story..


Because we're from cheap country with not so expensive life, so we have to eat cheap food to fill our hungry tummies.

Okay, it is really cheap if u calculate it in pounds. My dinner cost apx. 1.50 pounds a day. Cheap rite??if you dun convert..I'm trying to train myself to not always converting those stuff, cos it make me so miserable due to the high conversion. Stupid Malaysia currency..

Mummy, look I cook chicken soup!! We have brocollis, leek and chicke, and of cos tasty and heart warming chicken soup!! haha...


Nway, our food wasn't that miserable la. We have chicken, brocollis, leek and chicken, tofu, eggs, curry, fried mee and bi hun..lots more..Dun worry, I wont torture my own life. I'm born with a "bronze"life..not that cheap..hiak hiak..I have good but cheap food every night. Everyday I look forward for dinner. Cooking dinner and eating so so so Malaysian-chinese-home cook food. Feels just like home.

Heart warming dinner to keep ourself contented which can help us dun miss our home so much!!


We even celebrated our first mooncake festival together. 15 of us celebrating ti together with Budweiser, curry chicken, stir-fry pak choy, fried mi hun, bake chicken, steam tofu with fried onions and even yue ping (as in moon cake if ur so banana that u cant read it in chinese tune). Just that we din have any lanterns to boost the mood. But the mood was warming enough already..Enough to keep my heart warm for a few days. haha...


I'm stil in the process of getting use to the life here. I should be getting back on track soon. For now, there is stil so much I need to learn and adapt..


Show you guys what my Asawa did to the things I gave him!!

He went to cover my little "Nightmare before christmas" doll with my smelly pillowcase.. Sorry Tong, I gave that little skeletal guy to him. He was my fav. Dun worry, if ever Jason mistreat that little guy, you have any right to go spank him!!

At least he stil let him sleep next to him on the bed. So I forgive u Asawa...

No comments: