Sunday, January 04, 2009

Sunderland here I come!!

Moi just bought train ticket to go visit moi's best sista in sunderland..yay!! so happy...

So I would be away from 21st to 25th Jan. Spending my "early" chinese new year there. Would be of cos celebrating my first chinese new year of uk in Sunderland with Yen, Hwee Li and her Bobo.
So happy..*jumping up and down-up and down*
I'll be shifting house soon as well. Though I haven really find any house yet, but I'll be quite homeless after 17 Jan if I still dun find a house...

NEW YEAR
Oh ya..almost forgot to update about the new year steamboat dinner we had with hwee li and her frens (Nway, hwee li..ur frens are super sweet. Thanks for the tiramisu and the white wine..the wine is fantastic)

Our steamboat...Looks very luxurious eh..too bad, no abalone, no fish and no ''kan pei'
But we made sui-jiao ourself for steamboat and it taste fantastic. Wanna learn some recipe from me??hehe..

Sui Jiao recipe
1. Mince meat (as much as u like)
2. Finely chopped Onion (1/4 amount of ur mince meat)
3. Finely chopped Carrots (1/4 amount of ur mince meat or same as ur onions)
4. Whole egg (depends how much meat u using..more meat more egg)

Lastly is of cos the sui-jiao skin. Dun ask me how to make that..cos someone ask me if i made the skin myself..Though I noe it looks nice..but dun ask me how eh..I dunno..Just buy from the supermarket lo. If ur staying in Aberdeen just go Matthew. The only pathetic chinese supermarket u can find here which selling at very expensive price.

MIXING TIME
Mix all the things together (from 1-4). Add somemore egg if u feel ur mixture is too dry. It should be a bit sticky sticky la..Cos if not sticky den later after u wrap who noes all ur meat will drop out. So it will be bit ugly la. So if u wanna have nice little sui-jiao den put egg. But if u put too much..den abit no good. (seriously I dun really noe what will happen if u put too much..Can try leh..who noes..try d let me noe!!)

WRAPPING TIME
Nway. after u mix everything together, Den you can start wraping the meat into the sui jiao skin. Put 1 teaspoon of meat in the middle (put more meat if u wan..but dun be too greedy that u cant even wrap it la..).

Den moist the edge of the skin with some water..just dab bit of water at the edge so that the skin can stick together.

Fold it into half and make the edge curly. Its gonna look like some curry-puff. You eat dimsum b4 rite..just do the same shape that u see in ur dim sum la..as long as u dun put too much skin at one side den can d..if not u end up eating flour paste which is kinda gross!!

There the shape should be like those sui jiao that bobo holding in the plate.
EATING TIME
Sui jiao you can basically just eat with anything. Can just steam it as snack or cook in the soup. But I think the best is still cook in soup..eat as steamboat..Fanstastic!!

There the sui jiao in hot steaming chicken soup.

Moi cant wait to go Sunderland..Miss my sistas so much..muaxxxx

4 comments:

adolkuek said...

Did you guys managed to finish it all up?

Shirlyn said...

YUP ..NOT REALLY..WE DRAGGED IT TILL THE NEXT DAY

Jasmin said...

looks yummy! i got hungry viewing your blog

Shirlyn said...

thanks..thats so sweet of u!!